Thursday, May 24, 2007

A first taste of nightlife


Last night I went out with a bunch of exchange students, first to a local pub and then later to el barrio antiguo (the old neighbourhood) where there are lots of places to eat or drink.

The first place we went to was called Antiguo Tec, where a bucket of any mixture of domestic beer was just over 50 peseos (~CDN$5). So you've got your Corona, Sol, Dos Equis, and then one I hadn't yet heard of: Carta Blanca. That was sweetness. Kinda reminded me of my trip to the Czech Republic where amazing domestic Pilsner was about the same price.




These photos are both characteristic of what I saw last night. Nearly every door and window is covered in a cage such as the one above and the streets are cobblestone but quite wide. This is definitely THE place to party: it's filled with all sorts of clubs and the dancing is sweet.